Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Things And Stuff; 7/12/11

Here's a brief digest of a few things I'm considering for the blog in the weeks and months to come.

I think I'll start by addressing the Text Play. Yes, that's still ongoing. I had hoped summer would see me doing more with it, but it turns out I've been doing more stuff away from home than I had thought. I'll try to get back to those at a better pace.

Next up is something Google and/or Blogger related. In late May or early April, Adsense changed their terms of service so that blogs with content warnings on them don't pay ad money to the people who write them. In a way, I kind of agree with the decision to make that change. I get the feeling that a good percentage of the ones that have those get a good chunk of income from, shall we say, other sources. Sure, it's inconvenient for me, but I really wasn't making money at this anyway.

Still, I've been mulling it over for a few weeks now, and even though I can hardly say I was making anything at this, there was like $2 in revenue that I'd made before the change, which is actually pretty good for some bottom-of-the-barrel written blog. So, what I'm thinking here is that in the next couple weeks, I'll be taking the warning off, just to see what happens. After all, I don't really post too many things that I'd really say require such a warning.

And speaking of things coming up in the next few weeks, I've also found quite a few things I did in high school and college that I'm considering posting. This will be for archival purposes, if nothing else. I'm sure there will be people interested in seeing some of my earlier stuff, too, though I'm not putting a lot of stock in that. All the same, be on the lookout for that.

And that's it for things to come for now. See you later with more stuff on the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment