Tuesday, July 19, 2011

A Funny Thing #1

Along with all the art and writing from high school and college I dredged up in a recent bout of cleaning, I came across something a little less outdated.

But that's the cool thing about old filing cabinets like the one I'd left in my old bedroom in my parents' house. One never knows what one might find in them.

In this case, probably the one halfway cool thing I found amongst all the irrelevantly old documents that I'd forgotten I'd saved for no reason in particular, it would seem, was a copy of the first issue of the Sonic X comic book. I remember buying this back in the day, when I was still almost something of a Sonic fan. I even wrote a review of it in which I attempted to be funny with little success. Fortunately, I have since lost the copy I had on my hard drive, and what was posted to the Web has been lost to the depths of cyberspace. There is, however another review here, by a dude named Dan Drazen. Boy, it's been awhile since I've looked at his site.

But anyway, I'm kind of at a loss as to what to do with this thing. I'm hardly a comic collector, so while it's in pretty damned good condition for having spent the better part of six years in a filing cabinet in somebody's basement, I doubt it's got enough value to be worth selling.

I could try and review it myself again, but I'm not sure it I want to put the time and effort into that. I mean, sure, it would be fun to read it again, and maybe I could do a better review this time around, but this is for a years-old back issue that I stumbled upon randomly. Plus, I'm not entirely sure what formant I'd want to use. I could do text again, or I could maybe script out something for my uStream channel. Perhaps even both. No matter what, it would take time.

But what makes it so weird is that as I started thinking about all this, I also happened across something on Atop the Fourth Wall, where fans had done reviews a la Linkara, and the winner of a Facebook contest had been posted. So, there's a distinct chance that I may wind up looking at another comic in the near future. I might live to regret it, as my last attempt didn't work out quite as well as I'd hoped.

Oh well, maybe I'll do this one as a video. It certainly can't turn out any worse than my previous forays into video work and comic reviewing.

See you then, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment