Friday, July 1, 2011

Text Play: Breath of Fire (SNES): Issue #20: I Dream of Mogu, Part One: North Tower the First

I'm just going to stick with the I Dream of Mogu title for the next few issues because this part of the game is another one that's a real pain to complete.

So, now we're in Mogu's dream world, where we run into his sister and the old woman who put you in the dream to save Mogu. They refresh the party's memory about what needs to happen and say to go to a place called the North Tower. Outside the building the party wakes up in is a small village with a save point, an inn, and five versions of Mogu. These are his sorrow, anger, humor, reason, and fear.

These guys will explain that there's this monster that's holding a sixth part of Mogu called Courage. The entire point of this is so that Mogu will be trapped in his dream forever and unable to help the party. I'm sure this'll be important later, but for now, the only thing to do is go to the North Tower and try to find Mogu's Courage.

The North Tower's a bit of a maze. The maze would have been somewhat less difficult if there weren't switches on the floor that made the walls disappear. But then again, I suppose it's not supposed to be easy. There's a guy by the stairs to the second level. It's not so hard to get to him if you just start by going right.

The guy's the boss of the place. There's nothing that can be done to hurt him until Mogu is made whole again, so go back to the village. I'm going to have to see if it's possible to actually use the inn and stock up on things in this little town, because for as full as my inventory is, I really don't have much for usable items again, which is sort of an ongoing problem for me, as I'm sure the three of you who have been following this have noticed.

Back in the town, everybody says they know where Mogu's courage really is now. It's actually in a place called the South Cave.

For as much of a pain as the first floor of the North Tower was, I get the feeling the South Cave is going to be worse. There's a maze to get to that, and if memory serves, it's a bigger maze in there, too. Getting through the maze that leads to the cave wound up killing my party, which is one reason why I'm breaking this up into a few parts instead of doing it all at once. I suspect I might not be so much in this situation if I'd actually made use of the services in the town better than I did.

So, what I'm going to do is stop here for now and do another part once I get somewhere with the South Cave part of this thing. See you then, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment