Thursday, June 30, 2011

Vacation Day Three: Time With Family

Too bad this was the last full day of the vacation.

A lot happened, though. In the morning, my brother and I fed the cats another fish. This time, it was a species of drum called a sheepshead. The cats were very happy. One of the little brown ones even let me pick it up and put it on the table for a better view. Too bad it didn't stay with its rather loud tuxedo friend.

Later, we went to the city of Milbank, South Dakota for a few last-minute supplies. I like the grocery stores in small towns. Not as crowded as the ones I'm used to.

When we got back, I played a game of Monopoly with my dad and brother. I won quite handily, but I got lucky, as I started off with Broadway and Park Place pretty much right away.

After dinner, we went to see Hartford Beach State Park. A nice place, to be sure, but not quite what I remember it being from when I was there as a kid. I think the crummy weather may have had something to do with that, of course.

A wrap-up of my vacation will be forthcoming.

No comments:

Post a Comment