Monday, June 6, 2011

Friday Night Special:Wendy's Berry Almond Salad

It's not Friday, and I'm not in the habit of writing about things I help sell where I work.

I normally don't like to write about things that get sold where I work, especially if it's something that comes across as positive. This is not because I like being negative about my job or anything. It's because I'm trained to the point of almost having a college degree in journalism, and a very big part of that was learning to keep an objective viewpoint on things. If I'm writing what could be considered a positive review of something the company I work for sells, it could be called a conflict of interest on some level or another.

Rest assured, though, dear readers, that in this case, I'm not receiving, or expecting to at some point, anything in return from my employers for this brief commentary on something new. This is indeed my own opinion.

So, what we've got here is officially called the Wild Berry Almond salad. The salad itself is OK, I guess. I like the cheese in it, and I've always enjoyed a strawberry or two every now and then. But I sorta grew up with strawberries from my dad's garden. Nothing can really compare with that. I'm not so much a fan of blueberries and slivered almonds. I've never really been much for almonds in general, really.

Where it falls apart is the default dressing it comes served with. The raspberry vinaigrette was a little sweet for my tastes. I'm not going to really fault anybody for that, though. I've tried several brands of that kind of salad dressing and have never really liked it simply because it's too sweet.

Overall, I'd say give it a shot once. It's worth at least that much. Other than that, too sweet for my tastes, making it more a snack than a meal.

In the meantime, this is J. Michael Shearer, begging for change...

No comments:

Post a Comment