Tuesday, April 23, 2013

A Miles Edward O’Brien Festival



Partly because he’s my second-favorite character on Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

Of course, part of the reason why I liked O’Brien there is because the guy never could quite seem to catch a decent break, especially when he could really use one.  Lately, I’ve felt the same way, to an extent.

Sure, things aren’t nearly as bad for ne now as they were for O’Brien the first season of DS9.  But things are still more than a little messed up here right now, too.  So here’s the lowdown on what all’s going on here right now.

Over the weekend, the heat sink fans on my PC quit working, so that was the moment I decided it was time to take it in and have it tuned up and optimized, which is something I’d intended to do for a few months now anyway.  Actually getting things set up at the shop was no problem.  The problem was getting to and from the repair shop due to the weekly snowstorms we’ve been having all month.  And this week’s snow was pretty much at its peak when I was on the way there.

At first, I wasn’t entirely sure how much Internet connectivity I’d have or what I’d be able to do with it.  But even in the beginning, I knew I’d have at least some, since I have a smartphone and the laptop I wrote this on.  Everything’s really out of date, so doing things like posting blogs and watching streaming video is possible, but difficult.  I’m also assuming I’ll be able to post to my Yahoo groups, but that remains to be seen.

The bad news is that I won’t be able to do my uStream show this week, anyway.  Hopefully, I’ll have my PC back by next week.  We’ll see, though.

So things could be worse.  I needed to get the computer fixed, and I’ve got the money to pay for it.  Hopefully, this won’t take too long.

See you soon, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment