Saturday, December 6, 2014

TEXT PLAY: Final Fantasy VIII (SquareSoft, 1999; Playstation): Issue #021: Running Around #1

Thought I'd just run around for a bit while I consider what to do next.

Just to pick up some more materials for upgrading weapons, that sort of thing. There may not be much to talk about here just now.

To start with, the only thing I can really think of that's worth mentioning is the UFO that shows up on some beaches. There's one near Balam, I believe, where it comes by with an Easter Island statue. There's a handful of others, as well. See them all and the alien itself comes along. Give it the elixers, or whatever it is that it wants, and it gives the party something cool in return.

After a bit more running around, stocking up on spells and stuff, I decided I'd try to find a side quest to do, just so I'd actually be doing something while getting the items I need to upgrade my weapons. The one I thought I'd do was in a place called Winhill. That old strategy guide said something about reassembling a vase or something at a mansion.

A funny thing I noticed while looking around for Winhill. This game doesn't seem to give the names of the various towns when we go in. All the other Final Fantasy games, all the other RPGs, really, that I remember playing do that. Not sure why this one's different, but it does make it a little difficult to find where I'm going.

I think I'll cut this short here and pick up when I actually get to Winhill. If anything interesting happens along the way, I'll put it in that chapter. See you then, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment