Wednesday, December 24, 2014

TEXT PLAY: Final Fantasy VI (Super Nintendo, Square, 1994): Issue #045: Holy Shart!

It's been awhile since I've done one of these, and I'm at a point where playing some video games did me some good.

Granted, it might have been nice if I'd done something that got me a little farther along than what I actually wound up doing. It still did me some good, though

At first, I was just going to run around on the Veld for a little while getting new Rage packages for Gau and perhaps a new Lore or two for Strago, but when that dried up quicker than I'd hoped, after getting only a few new Rages for Gau and, surprisingly, a new Lore for Strago, I decided to take some advice from Weird Al and go to the Dinosaur Forest area of this game. Part of the reason for that is that I wanted to see if I could beat one specific monster in this game: the Brachosaur. Another part of the reason was that my blog themesong was going through my head (direct link here).

The main reason this turned out to be such a dumb idea is that the Brachosaur is one of those monsters that's extremely hard to beat. It's doable, of course, but very hard. Damn thing's got 46000 health and defense through the roof. On top of all that, the thing's got some powerful attacks, including the Ultima spell. Because of that, it kept kicking my ass, and because I was foolish enough to play late at night again, I decided to call it a night after the third or fourth time I got killed by one of those things.

After I shut it down for the night, I took a look at the Caves of Narshe site, which gave some hints. I'll have to see if I've got the Fake Mustache for Relm next time I have a go at this so I can use her Control move on it.

I'm not sure why I'm so bound and determined to kill one of these things. Beating one is like taking on the Eight Dragons and Doom Gaze in that it's not exactly necessary in order to beat the game, but it does make the experience more interesting. I guess that's why I'm going for it. Just trying to keep it fun for myself and anyone reading this. I might try again next time and then go for the other dragons once I've had my fill of that.

So, until then, stay safe, have fun, keep gaming, and DFTBA!

No comments:

Post a Comment