Saturday, April 16, 2016

TEXT PLAY Second Run: Final Fantasy 4 (SNES, 1991): Issue #004: A Little Rushing Ahead, Part One

I figure I may as well just get on with a little bit of the plot here.

These next few entries will probably be short ones, just so I can post things at a slightly faster rate here until I get to a point where I can do a little more messing around without having it just be wasting time.

This is not to say I've never gotten the Imp Spell this early in the game. It's just that it's exceedingly rare, and I think it's only happened once or twice. This attempt has reminded me that part of the reason I usually wait until later in the game to go after this thing. I'll need to get my stats up, at the very least, to make this work.

This is not to say that the attempt wasn't worth anything. One thing I do remember from previous attempts is that the Tiny Mages start using the Fatal spell if they get hit with the confusion status. Or at least I remember that now, of course. Once Edward's harp started putting it on them, I remembered. And because my luck stat is so low right now, more often than not, they'd wind up using it on party members rather than themselves, which is something that will almost certainly get a little frustrating if I had kept at it until I got the spell. So, starting next time, I think I'll just go ahead with Mount Hobbes and Fabul, just to get things to a point where I won't have to worry quite so much about getting my ass handed to me stupidly.


Until then, stay safe, have fun, keep gaming, and DFTBA.

No comments:

Post a Comment