Monday, August 15, 2016

TEXT PLAY Second Run: Final Fantasy 4 (SNES, 1991): Issue #019: Danger!: Diabolik


Doing this a second time really hasn't turned out to be as interesting a thing as I had hoped it would be. At least I'm still moving along quicker than I was with FF8, though, which is a good thing.

About the only real things of note this time around are that I think I've figured out what makes that Last Arm thing that's in the treasure chest do it's Fission attack, and how I beat the Control Orbs this time around.

I think what triggers that special attack is if you use the Nuke spell on the Last Arm monster and then hit it with a regular physical attack, it'll do it's Fission attack. I'm not sure if that's really the deal or anything, but it's how it seemed to go this time, at least.

In this case, the easiest way to get the Control Orbs taken care of was Bahamut. After a few rounds of trying standard tactics, I decided to just hit the trio with Bahamut a couple of times, and that did the trick.

So, where we are now is that we're off to the last chapter of the game, whenever I decide to get on with that. I think I might go do a little grinding, just to see if I can farm up other summon spells or something. There are a few things I need to do on Earth, as well. Gotta go get the Excalibur and maybe buy some Shurikens and Ninja Stars from Kokkol, at least. And may as well see if I can do anything else while there.

That much will be in a catch-all issue, I think, and we'll see from there. Until then, stay safe, have fun, keep gaming, and DFTBA!

No comments:

Post a Comment