Friday, March 10, 2017

Almost An Early Spring

Here's one I've had sitting in my draft pile for longer than I should have.

When I came up with this idea, it was the end of February, and we'd been having unseasonably warm weather. It's kind of back to average now, but we've still got plants starting to sprout and get leaf buds on them, and it's barely two weeks into March.

I mention that, because as I write this, the last weather report I heard was saying something about maybe getting six to nine inches of snow again in the next couple days. Crazy weather like this is hardly unusual this time of year, at least for my area. We've been known to have measurable and even substantial amounts of snow and ice around into April, after all.

Thing is, though, with how early things have warmed up on us this year, I'm inclined to think that it's going to be another insanely hot summer, too. I'm really not looking forward to that, since I work in a restaurant, and the kitchen really gets hot in the summer.

We'll have to see, though. We've still got another ten days, more or less, to go until the “official” start of spring, so maybe we should just get through that before worrying about summer.


Until then, good luck, everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment