Monday, March 20, 2017

TEXT PLAY: Final Fantasy IX (PlayStation, 2000, Square-Enix): Issue #023: Fork It

I forked up in that mine, so I may as well just get the fork out of there.

At least it'll spare us my trying to make too many more “lame dad jokes” about it, anyway.

I spent the better part of this session trying to figure out just where I could go in the mine from where I was when I left off last time. From what I managed to actually figure out, the only option I really had was to just leave the tunnel and start exploring the Outer Continent. I don't know what I messed up, but from where I was, the only other thing I could get the Gargant to do was to go around in a circle around where the mining mini-game was.

The switch that actually gets the party out is on a ledge that can only be accessed by way of an ivy-covered wall that the party can climb on. It's kind of a tricky thing, because there are faces carved into the wall that drop water on the party and knock them into a pool below. Fortunately, navigating around them isn't too hard. The actual switch that we need to hit looks kinda like the wheel on a sailing ship. Once it's hit, we're on our way out.

As the party leaves the far end of the tunnels, Zidane notes that the light outside looks different, figuring that it has to do with the fact that there's no Mist outside. Getting to anyplace specific from the exit of Fossil Roo is kind of a chore, as it's one of those things where we've kinda gotta go in a loop that shows us most, if not all, of them. There's a bridge-looking thing that's pretty much the main place we've gotta be, and a Qu's Marsh that are the most obvious, but there's also a more hidden spot that kind of looks like it's supposed to be a place of some sort, too We'll get to all three in turn, naturally, but since each one takes a little time to do properly, I've decided that I'll start with the Qu's Marsh next time. The good news is that once we're done there, we'll be straight south of the main village we're supposed to go to get the information we need to move on from here.

But that's for next time. Until then, but either way, have fun, keep gaming, stay safe, and DFTBA!

No comments:

Post a Comment