Saturday, March 4, 2017

TEXT PLAY: Lufia And The Fortress of Doom (Taito, SNES, 1993): Issue #000: Look Who's Back

This is kind of a multi-purpose playthrough; part second run, part side game.

I know I said my first and second choices for this were Crono Trigger and Secret of Evermore, but here I am taking another crack at Lufia and the Fortress of Doom instead. There are a few reasons for that.

One is I decided I wanted to do a game I wasn't going to take quite as seriously as I usually do, which narrowed the titles down a bit. Down to two, really: this and Mystic Quest. After giving it a little thought, I realized that this was the better choice, again for two reasons.

The first is that unless one pretty much intentionally fucks up in Mystic Quest, having a hard time with it is all but impossible, which would make for a boring run. Kind of like my second shot at Final Fantasy 4, only about double.

The second is kind of a big reason by itself. I do feel kind of bad about having gotten so close to the end of this game and then having to quit because of losing my file to a glitch last time I tried to do a Text Play of it, and just wandering away from the game the previous time I almost finished it.

So, really, this is kind of a personal thing here. The plan here is to take the lessons learned from my last attempt at this and use them to actually beat the game.


Here's to hoping for a little luck and some common sense this time around. See you soon with news of gameplay!

No comments:

Post a Comment