Thursday, March 9, 2017

Delay Of Game

Offense. Number 01. Penalty to be determined.

I probably should have seen this coming the last time I tried to fire up the good ol' Super Nintendo. A week ago, maybe two now, I figured I'd try to play a little Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past, just for the hell of it, if not because one of my favorite Let's Players had been goofing around with a Zelda game not too long beforehand. I couldn't seem to keep the system going for more than a few minutes at a time, and when it would glitch out on me, it took one of the saves with it as well. At the time, I didn't think much of it, because, as those of you who are familiar with my full-on gaming entries may know, I've had this sort of problem before, and everything seemed to come out alright in the end.

So, naturally, I just assumed that the same would be true this time. Turns out that what they say about acting on assumptions has a funny way of being true, especially at the worst times. This is one of those times, I guess. See, when I sat down to get started on my “second run” of Lufia and the Fortress of Doom, the thing kept acting like it wasn't booting up, or at least not reading the carts. That was fine at first, because I had the wrong cart in the system anyway.

So, when I took a moment to get the right one in the system, it kept acting like it wasn't booting up, at least not all the way. My thought then was well, OK, maybe if I try one more cart and either go from there or give it up for the time being. Having no luck with the third one either, I just switched to another game on the PS2 while I soaked my feet before bed, with the idea of getting back to it as soon as I could.

Didn't have any luck then, either, so it looks like it might be awhile before I can get to the Lufia playthrough. Fortunately, my local second-hand gaming store tends to have at least one in stock at at least one of their locations, or at least that's what my limited research indicates. So, now the issue is getting the time to get there when I've got the $60 to spare and they have one in stock, since neither location is really what I'd call out of my way from other places I tend to be anyway. In the meantime, I'm going to have to come up with something else to fill the time and space with, which really shouldn't be a problem.


See you then, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment