Saturday, March 3, 2018

Picture Post: Deerfield Lake


One last one of these from my trip to the Hills back in October.

Part of the reason I've put this one off for so long is because I had hoped I'd taken more picutes of this one than I acutally did. At the same time, I was a little busy making use of the other features of the area.

The good news is that it's a picnic area along the lake shore, as per this sign:


Like so many similar areas in the Hills this is a nice area to stop and enjoy the outdoors, and the water and all that. Also, much like a lot of these areas, there may be associated fees depending on what one wants to do in the area. In our case, we just stopped to have a little lunch and fish for a little while, which I do believe we got away with not paying for. That may or may not be the case during peak times.

There wasn't much on the news board, but this was the off season by the time we were there:


I'm pretty sure there's a reason for there being a restriction against bait fish at Deerfield, but I can't recall what it is off the top of my head. Worth looking up, if one wants to throw a line in. I'm sure there are trout there, which bite better on other bait anyway. What we caught were these odd fish with red eyes. Kind of a fun trip, though I don't remember which day we were there.

Kinda wish I'd gotten more pics of this place while I was there, but maybe next time, if I make it back there again at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment