Saturday, March 3, 2018

TEXT PLAY: Final Fantasy IX (PlayStation, 2000, Square-Enix): Issue #044: Getting Close


At first, I was considering making this a two-session entry, but then I remembered that I'm wanting to get back on a posting schedule that's closer to daily, so I figured I should just go ahead and post this as is.

One thing I'd neglected to mention in the last one of these I put out is that one good way to know when you're getting close to where you need to be here is that the scenery starts looking more like sunrise or sunset the closer you are to Oielvert, if you're on the right track. It's still tricky to navigate because of all the high ground that gets in the way of other parts of the scenery here, but at least they do give some clues.

Since the lighting did start to change on me towards the end of this session, I knew I was at least getting close. But because I'd been wandering around for an hour, more or less, by the time that happened, I figured it was time to give it a break for awhile and write this stuff down for posting before doing something else while I waited for the virus scan on my computer to finish. As I think I may have mentioned a few times before, I've spent way too much time sitting in front of these screens over the years, and it's had a negative effect on my health in that time.

In a way, though, I guess changing the way I do this a bit will be good for both me and my readers. Shorter sessions will lead to shorter posts in this series, but that may be a good thing from a reader perspective, and I'm sure getting up to move around more often will be good for me, too. What kind of effect and in what ammount remains to be seen, but we'll find out in due time, I suppose. Either way, until next time, stay safe, have fun, keep gaming, and DFTBA.

No comments:

Post a Comment