Sunday, June 16, 2019

TEXT PLAY: Final Fantasy IX (PlayStation, 2000, Square-Enix): Issue #045: More Than A Year


I hadn't intended to let this sit for anywhere nearly as long as I ultimately have.

The good news, I guess, is that I can maybe draw a little inspiration from this. Part of the reason I had let this sit for so long is that this part of the game is one where a guy can spend way too many hours trying to find one's way through the mazelike landscape that's been eroded by a long-gone sea. Or at least that was always a problem for me. As much as I like visiting Badlands National Park (official site here), it's really not a place to spend much time without a really good plan and knowledge of where you're gong when you get there. The inspiration I can get from this is the sense that maybe I can actually get places with the things I want to do after all, because after letting this game sit for so long, I found Oeilvert after only about a half hour or maybe 45 minutes worth of playing around and not really expecting to get anywhere with it. I didn't actually go into the town this time, because, well, I'm working on this way too late for having things to do in the morning. I'll get to that next time, and hopefully, next time will come before September of next year.

But jokes aside, if I can pick this game up after a year and three months or however long it's been and just find where I was going when I left off, maybe it's time for me to start getting a little more serious about other things in my life, too. It makes me think there's half a chance I can get somewhere with them as well. For now, I'm hoping to get back to this and the other little projects I've got going on over the course of the next few days, just to have more content coming up the way I've been talking about for awhile now. And I'm hoping it is only days this time, rather than the weeks, months, or even years I've been delaying things lately.

And just to wrap this up the way I usually do with these Text Play posts, until next time, stay safe, have fun, keep gaming, and DFTBA.

No comments:

Post a Comment