Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Final Fantasy This Morning: January 29, 2020: Back To The Stories


Got a few things to talk about here, but I'm going to start with the video game stuff because it's in the title.

First off is Final Fantasy II. I think I've done enough stat grinding to make a decent attempt at the Dreadnaught now, so I'll get on with that next time I sit down to play. Everybody's health and magic is up a good amount since my last attempt and the enemies are dropping more stuff after battles. Some of it's actually pretty good, too. I got a pair of thunder staffs for Maria that put her physical attacks way up, which will be a big help in keeping the need to use magic down. I also got a mythril helm for Gus, which meant I could give the bronze one I had on him to Gordon. I've been winning a lot of spell books, too, which tend to go for decent money if we get the right ones. I sold most of those, too, and wound up with enough gold to get two cottages and two phoenix downs to take on the trip, plus an ether and some regualr potions as well.

When it comes to Final Fantasy IX, I've been thinking about that since the last time I did an official post to that series, and I've come to the conclusion that what I said about the area I'm in now being the last area I've actually played is only partly true. The main boss there is the last one I can remember beating, but I think I've played at least part of the next dungeon or castle or whatever. I remember having done part of that castle where we need to have the weakest weapons we've got to do effective damage to the monsters. I don't recall how much I've done of that, but I'll get to that when I sit down to do it.

I also have one more picture post from my trip to the Black Hills back in September. I've got it mostly written, but I do have a little bit of that left. Getting the pictures posted and in the right places tends to be the harder part of that. Hopefully, I'll be able to get that up soon, too

Also amongst my non-gaming plans for this blog are a couple breakfast cerial reviews. A while back, I found cupons for Post cerial themed on Hostess Snacks. Maybe not new flavors, but new to me, and I thought it might be fun to give them a shot, and maybe do quick pieces about that, too.

It might be awhile before I get to that, though, because most days, I've got my day job to be at, and I don't usually have much time for both breakfast and writing beforehand. I'll try to get to it in a reasonable amount of time, though.

As always, there's more to talk about, but I'll save it for later because it's time for me to wrap this up and get to bed. Until then, be well, everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment