Thursday, January 30, 2020

Vacation Pictures: Fishing at Pactola


This will be kind of a shorter post, with different memories from the last.

It's also kind of a sequel to a post I made about the same place last time I was out that way. Fewer cows and less sun this time, though.

This time around, it was my dad, my brother and I there to do a little fishing. We caught a few, but nothing like what we caught at Robaix a few days later:


As much fun as it was to catch a few little fish like that, I had a bit more fun looking around and remembering my time working in the area when I was in college. The second summer I was there, I had a car, so on days off, I'd go hang out at various day use areas, and this was one of them. The view of the far shore was one of the things that brought the memories back:


Nice as that was, it was actually looking at the far end of the bay we were fishing in that I got more nostalgic over:


When I took that shot, I remembered that there was a little charcoal grill and a picnic table down at that end, too. It doesn't show up so good in the previous shot, but it's there. Here's a better shot.


I went to a few places like it that summer, and a good deal of undercooked hamburger was eaten while I was there. Kind of makes me glad I was in my early twenties at the time. I'm sure it didn't do me any good at the time, but I seemed to have recovered from it.

As far as the fishing went, well, at least we got out and did some, anyway. I think this last picture of my brother with another fish might sum up how that went better, though:


It was a fun trip, and I'm glad I got to go. I'm looking forward to going again sometime.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I have not seen Peter since we were kids. Thanks for sharing. Looks like a great place to relax.

    ReplyDelete