Friday, January 15, 2021

TEXT PLAY: Final Fantasy IX (PlayStation, 2000, Square-Enix): Issue #066: Trying To Get On With It Again

This one's gong to be a short single-session entry.


Of the three Final Fantasy games I've got going right now, this one and the Chronicles version of FF4 are almost done. Well, 4 is almost done, as of the last issue I put up. From what I understand, I'm getting pretty close here, too. At the same time, I'm on disk 3 of 4 and have been stalled out there for quite some time. Long enough that I've kinda forgotten what it is I need to do to advance the plot. That's mostly my own fault, though. However, as a result, I'm not sure exactly how much I've actually got left.


With that in mind, I got it into my head again that it was time to get going on this again and maybe finally get it finished off. Even still, I didn't really do much storywise here. What I did get done was still a little more grinding, for the most part.


At first, I was gonna go for the plot, then I remembered that ages ago, at least in real time, I said something about wanting to do that Grand Dragon thing that was an option in the Gizamaluke's Grotto area. It's on that plateau or whatever that can be reached through the chamber in the grotto where the last save point before the boss fight is. Just climb the vine to get there. For some reason, I thought there was something special about the whole thing, but it turns out it's just a really hard regular enemy. The only real reward for beating one is decent XP, AP, and gold, and I'm at a point in the game now where if I want that, I may as well just get on with the plot because the monsters there will pretty much do the same anyway.


I also started making more use of the Synth Shop in Lindblum. I know there are other ones around the world that, at least in theory, make other things, but the one in Lindblum is the one I knew where to find easiest. I got a Power Belt and a set of Magician's Boots. I think I've already got all the skills I can from those, but I may also need them for other upgrades to come, too.


Between sessions here, I'm gonna look some stuff up about that before getting on with all this. Like I keep saying, this may not be a 100% run, but I want to give myself as good a chance of finishing this as I can, too, and the quick check I did while writing this reminded me that there are a few places I won't be able to go again once I start the end of the game, so that means getting the equipment from there now.


Hopefully, it won't be so long until I get another issue of this up again. Kinda looking forward to getting on with these things, if only to have them done and on to other things. Until next time, stay safe, have fun, keep gaming, and DFTBA.

No comments:

Post a Comment