Friday, March 5, 2021

Final Fantasy This Morning: March 5, 2021: Switch!

It's been awhile since I've done any Final Fantasy, but there's a somewhat passable reason for that.


Maybe not a good reason, but one that could conceivably pass for one. At least it's gaming related.


See, I finally got around to getting myself a Nintendo Switch after putting it off for probably years at this point. I remember a couple years back now hearing that there was going to be a remasterd or remade version of a game I liked when I was a kid and at least tried to do a Text Play of more recently that was set to come out with another title in the same series that had gotten the same treatment and what I think was a brand new title in the fanchise as well. I don't remember if they said it was going to be for the Switch at the time, but I do remember it being available digitally, which is something the last several generations of consoles have been able to do.


Along the way, I got busy with life in general and never went much beyond thinking that it was good that Square-Enix was finally giving a little love to a series that wasn't Final Fantasy, specifically Final Fantasy 7, or Dragon Warrior/Quest. I know there was some time between that and when a game called Animal Crossing: New Horizons came out. Of course, even then, this was at the very beginning of this whole pandemic mess we're in. When it became clear that this mess was going to last awhile, I decided that it was time to get on with it. This was a decision aided by a generous birthday gift from a family member.


Between that and the increasing popularity of Animal Crossing, it was finally time, and it still took longer than it should have for me to make this happen. I finally got to it, though.


Gotta say, New Horizons is a real time sink. An enormously fun time sink, mind you, but still a time sink. So far, my experience has been a lot of collecting and crafting quests. It's been more entertaining than one might think, in part because there's some question of just what one has found when it's been found initially. Over the last couple days, I've managed to put in enough play time to get to the point where I've got my own house on my island, and I may even be at a point where it's time to have other players visit my island.


Before I get to that, though, there are a few more things I think I've gotta figure out, and there's a Discord server I'm on with people I know just well enough to go to first for that sort of thing. I'm hoping to get to that before long.


Before much longer, I'm hopong to get back to the Text Plays I've got going on, too. I keep saying I want to get those games done, especially since I'm actually very close in two cases, and it would be nice if I could finally get that done. So that's something to look forward to as well.


There's also the other writing projects I need to get on with. There's the MST3k stuff I've been tring to get re-posted after all this time, as well as some new stuff as well.


Here's to all that stuff coming soon, folks. See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment