Sunday, March 28, 2021

TEXT PLAY QUICKIE: Final Fantasy 4: Chronicles Version (2001; PS1): Issue #016: Taking My Time

I'll be doing this in stages, I think.


I think I might have done this last dungeon this way the first couple times I played through it and wasn't sure of what I was doing. That was 30 years ago, of course, and I'd gotten used to the easier version I'd been playing since. As I keep saying these things, this version is closer to the original in difficulty level. So, I'll be doing this in stages this time.


This time around, I made it to what I'm thinking is about a quarter or a third of the way through. In addition to what I got the last time I made any progress, I collected some Artemis arrows, an X-Potion, and the Stardust rod for Rydia, which was in a chest guarded by a Behemoth.


Along the way, I also got a few levels for everybody. As a result, Rosa got the Holy spell, which completes her spell list, and Rydia got the Flare spell, which was called Nuke in the SNES version, I believe. Rydia can also learn the Meteo spell that Tellah used on Golbez earlier in the game. The spell itself might not be entirely necessary to beat the game, but it might be smart to get my levels that high anyway, just based on how the rest of the game has gone.


From here, I think there's going to be maybe four issues of this left, counting the wrapup. I'm pretty sure I'm going to do the next one as a multi-session entry, just so I'm not clogging things up with short entries like this. After that, we'll have to see how things go. The wrapup and final thoughts one will be its own thing because those always are. I've got ideas for after that, but I'll get more into those when I get there. Until next time, stay safe, have fun, keep gaming, and DFTBA.

No comments:

Post a Comment