Wednesday, April 7, 2021

Final Fantasy This Morning: April 7, 2021: Grinding Away

On two of four games, anyway.


I could say three of four games, but the kind of grinding I'm doing on two of the Final Fantasy games I'm playing is essentially the point of Animal Crossing: New Horizons. Animal Crossing is pretty much all about building things and developing relationships with NPCs on one's island and other players in various modes. I have options on some of those fronts, of course, if I would just take the time to arrange such things.


The Final Fantasy games I've got going are a somewhat different matter. I'm definitely grinding in Final Fantasy II because that's how everything gets stronger. I've got the Ultima spell for Firion and Doom and Flare for Maria that all need to be leveled up a bit before I move on with things there.


I'm not going out of my way to grind in Final Fantasy IV, but I kind of am because I'm doing the last dungeon in stages. I'm sure my levels will be higher than usually have been the last few times I've played through. My experience thus far is that I'm probably going to need that going forward. Not sure how much is going to be enough, but it's been interesting thus far.


In spite of my best intentions, I haven't touched FF9 since January. As I'm sure I mentioned, I just need to get on with finishing this one. I keep saying there's other stuff I want to do there that's not specifically related to the plot, but I'm not doing anything at all with it, so next time I get a chance, I should just get on with the story and see if I can actually finish this, just so I can finally say I did. Kinda like I'm trying to do with FF2 as well.


Between all the time I've been putting into Animal Crossing and at least some of the other stuff I've had going on lately, I just haven't had the energy to do anything with the rest of the stuff I've said I was going to do here. I had hoped to get a second video done in March since the unboxing one I did was the first and I had the whole rest of the month to do another. We're already a week into April and I've barely got any of the prep work for that done, and that's just one example of something I'd hoped for more progress on.


Anyway, I suppose I'd better wrap this up. I've got things I need to do and getting some sleep is first on the list. See you soon, I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment