Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Uninspired

We’re more than a week into the month already, and this is only my first post.


I just haven’t felt quite up to it for awhile here. It’s in part because we’ve had some crazy heat in my area lately, with highs either side of 100 F for a good portion of the last week or so.


On top of that, I’ve had a fair amount of other stuff going on, too. I’ve been a bit stressed on account of shenanigans at my day job, which has left me feeling more than a little worn out, to the point where I just haven’t wanted to write much. I want to keep hoping that that stuff will get cleared up before long, but it seems like every time I do, things either don’t go anywhere or get worse for awhile.


I’ve also had some tech issues going on, too. I wrote this on this ancient laptop I’ve kept around for just such things while my desktop does a rather lengthy Windows update, which meant that posting it straight away wasn’t really an option, as I don’t have Internet access on that machine any more. Might have used the other laptop I’ve got, but that one needs a little work, too, most importantly a new battery.


The good news, I suppose, is that I have kinda-sorta been working on some of my other projects, even if they still need work to get ready to post, too. I think I’m getting somewhere with the various fanfic projects I’ve got going, and the Text Plays are coming along, too. I’d like to think I’ll be done with at least one of them before long, but I don’t want to speak too soon.


I guess I’m getting somewhere even if I am feeling a bit uninspired right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment