Friday, July 30, 2021

Final Fantasy This Morning: July 30, 2021: Another Return Of Old Bad Habits

There's a lot of good, old memories, here, too. I just wish they didn't come with the baggage.


Gonna start this about a week ago, actually, when I was at my doctor's office last. I've been going on a fairly regular basis for awhile now because I've got weight issues I've been dealing with for pretty much the whole of my adult life, really, with varying amounts of success over the years. Turns out, when I was in last, I'd lost about ten pounds or so, which is about double what I was shooting for. That's good, of course, even if I still do have a long way to go before I'm even close to a healthy weight.


The bad news is that in the week or ten days or so since then, I've kind of slipped a little bit and started doing the kind of crap that got me into the mess I'm in to begin with again. I suppose the bright spot here is that at least I'm aware of what I'm doing, which, at least in theory, anyway, should make it a little easier to do something about it. Of course, if actually doing what I need to do here was as easy as it is to talk about, I seriously doubt I'd be in as bad a place as I am right now in that regard. What makes the fact that it's been a tough week for my eating habits is that my birthday's coming up on Monday. It's just one day, naturally, but the way things have been going, I suspect I'm gonna have a hell of a time getting myself back under control between now and then, and then continuing with the better habits afterward.


If there's a positive side here, I've been revisiting some good old memories the last couple days, too. As I write this, I'm listening to a Let's Play of a game called God of War done by a dude I've been following on YouTube for years. What got me there was finding the original Robocop movie on Hulu a few weeks back and finally got around to watching it because I hadn't before, in spite of having referenced it in a movie review I did in 2016. Then I started reading others, and wound up finding the link to the LP. It's kinda nice hearing the old thing again.


Another thing that's been coming to mind lately are my own Final Fantasy playthroughs. One thing that's been contributing to that is having found another guy on YouTube that I'd forgotten I follow who's doing a stream of FF9. Turns out my current attempt to get through it has been going on for five years now, and I'm still intending to get it finished somehow. I'll need to check my notes to remember where I am and hope that I made note of what I need to do next in order to progress. As always, I'm hoping to get on with that soon, and FF4 as well, even if I'm not exactly making that happen.


Anyway, that's kind of where I am right now. Hopefully, I'll have something a little more intersting soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment