Friday, July 23, 2021

Not Making It Happen

For all the good intentions I've had lately, I just haven't been able to make much happen lately.


Between being busy with work and feeling off healthwise lately, I just haven't been able to get as much of this personal stuff ready to go out to whatever I've got for an audience. I'd like to put out more than just these update things I've been doing lately, but that's about all I've had lately.


At least it's not all doom and gloom, though. Even though I've been having trouble getting things ready for publication lately, I've been progressing on other things. For example, I think I've mentioned that I've been working on losing weight lately. I've made some decent progress on that front lately. I went to see my doctor the other day, and I'd managed to take off eleven pounds since the last time I was in there, three months ago. If I manage that again before my next visit, I'll actually be below 300 pounds again, for the first time in quite awhile. I'm sure one thing that will help with that is getting some more of the less-than-stellar beverage choices out of my inventory, and since at least one of them is something I'd intended to make a JM Tries video out of, I really should get to making time for that sooner rather than later. Even then, it's still gonna be tough because I'm not entirely sure what exactly it is I did to make it happen the way it did, so I'm not sure I can stick with that so well for another three months.


I've also been making some forward progress on a bit of fan fiction I've been working on for way longer than I thought I would. I kinda know where I want to go with it, but the way things have been going, I'm probably going to need to make it at least two chapters, just so it doesn't get crazy long and I have parts of it up at more reasonable intervals again. I thought I'd have it worked out better than I have, but per usual, that's not how things have gone.


So I guess the long and the short of things here is that things technically are happening, just not exactly in the way I'd like, and I need to figure out how to change that to whatever extent I can. Here's to at least a little progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment