Sunday, July 11, 2021

Maybe Not The Ending I Was Hoping For...

It wouldn't be the first time something like this has happened, though.


There have been a couple times in the years I've been doing this that I've lost or almost lost a Text Play to tech issues regarding the media I was playing from.


The one I wound up actually losing was the Lufia and the Fortress of Doom one I was doing back in 2013. I'm not sure if that was because of the console or the cart or what, but I've been meaning to get back to that again ever since and haven't quite made it. There was a false start a couple years ago, and I'm not exactly sure what the reason for that was, either.


Another false start was an attempted redo of the original Breath of Fire. I was having the same issues with that that I was with Lufia. I'm thinking it was the carts, but it's hard to say. I've had other games work just fine on that same console in the years between and since.


About the same time as that first attempt at Lufia was my TP of the very first Final Fantasy game, complete with what I guess was a handy urban legend about the game's title. That one didn't get cancelled because of tech issues, but there was certainly the danger that it might because I kept getting hangups and glitches due to the age of the disc the game is on.


I'm bringing that one up last specifically because that same disc has Final Fantasy II on it, and it's starting to show the same sort of problems I was having with it when I was doing the first game in the series. It's nice to have these two classic games bundled on the same disc, titled Final Fantasy Origins, but it's also a little inconvenient because of the hangup issue.


That's why I'm doing this post, see. When I did that entry for the Chronicles version of FF4, which went up last night, I had originally intended to at least work on FF2 but had the hangup issue, so I moved to the other game and had no problems. I wanted to give anyone who might be following those things a heads up as to what's going on there.


I'm hoping to get the issue resolved so I can actually finish the game, but if not, I'll let you know. Either way, there's still 4 and 9 that I'm planning on finishing, and then we'll see from there.


As always, more to follow as time allows. See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment