Friday, September 24, 2021

TEXT PLAY: Final Fantasy IX (PlayStation, 2000, Square-Enix): Issue #068: Final Fantasy Tonight

Wow, it's been almost six months since the last entry in this series.


It's been long enough that I've kinda forgotten how the controls work in this game. I've also gone with an issue subtitle that I normally use for a main title of my gaming updates. The reasoning there is that, while this is does have some FF9 progress in it, it's mostly things that applies to all three games, plus something I think I may have mentioned in an acutal gaming update post.


I'll start with the FF9 stuff. I spent most of the session reminding myself of how the controls work and where I need to go to actually get on with the plot. I also got Zidane's last gauntlet or glove or whatever that I think I can at this point in the game. It's called the Theif Glove and teaches him the Master Thief ability. It's a piece of equipment that Amarant can also use, but because he wasn't in the party, I don't know what it teaches him, and I haven't looked it up on any of the guides, wikis, or walkthroughs I normally use, as of this writing. I also remembered that I needed to get back to that Shimmering Island place to get on with the game. I'm sure there's more equipment to be had going forward from that, but we'll find out soon enough.


Next up, there's the little bit of progress from Final Fantasy 4. I did get the ribbon headpieces for Rosa and Rydia, but the room in the Lunar Subterrane with those in them is after the one with Kain's ultimate weapon in it. The boss guarding it is a hard fight in the version of the game I'm more familiar with, but it seems almost impossible in this one. Between the higher speed of most things in this version and what seems to me to be an odd bit of bogging down of the PS2's processors, I just can't seem to pull it off. Part of the delay with this one is that I'm starting to think I may actually have to call this one a wash and give up on it. That's still a ways off, of course, because I still intend to give it the best shot I can, just like the other two of these I've got going on.


In Final Fantasy 2, I remember being partway through the Cyclone. I've been through it in a run I did just for the hell of it, so I know it's possible. I just need to set aside time to make that happen.


Making time for this is something I need to do a little better with. I'm not going to say I'm putting too much time into Animal Crossing, because it's something I enjoy as much as I enjoy doing this. I just need to get my time arranged so I can do both more than I have and maybe get to bed a little earlier than I have been to boot. Thing is, it's still going to be a bit before I can make that happen. It's a little late in the week this week to make it happen, and if things go to plan, I'll be busy with other stuff for a big chunk of next week. After that, I may actually have time to get all this sorted into something better again. I'm hopeful, anyway. Perhaps moreso than I should be. We'll find out soon enough, I guess.


Anyway, until next time, stay safe, have fun, keep gaming, and DFTBA.

No comments:

Post a Comment