Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Final Fantasy This Morning: An Early March Look Ahead

It's about time I got around to wrapping up the two Text Plays I'm still working on, and I'm going to split the difference on them.


One I'm going to try to actually finish, the other I'm just going to call done with because I haven't touched it in ages.


As I've mentioned in a couple recent posts, my plan is to actually finish Final Fantasy 9, since I'm pretty close to the end, far as I can tell. It's something I've kinda wanted to do since the game came out in 2000, and I've been working on this particular run for six years. It's about time I got on with finishing it


Final Fantasy 2, on the other hand, I'm just going to officially say I've given up on. I haven't touched it in a good six months, anyway, and I'm only maybe two thirds or three quarters of the way through the game. It's an interesting game, and it's been a fun experience thus far. The thing is, I just haven't had the time to put into it with all the other stuff I've had going on the last year, really. I might give it another go at some point, but I'm not exactly sure when.


I've got a few ideas for what I'll at least try to do once I'm done with FF9. Game-wise, I've got a few ideas. Other retro games I've been meaning to have another go at include Lufia and the Fortress of Doom, Legend of Mana and Breath of Fire. I've also got the first Dragon Quest/Warrior game I'm considering having a shot at here. Right now, the most likely of those options is BoF because, as of this writing, I have access to it through the SNES pack I got on my Switch, whereas I'd need to coax other consoles into working to get Lufia or DQ going, and I'd need to find the disc for LoM, at least. I'll figure that out when I get there, though, since that's still going to be a ways out, with how things are going.


In non-gaming news, I've been going through my collection of old VHS tapes lately, and have been doing a little inventory management there. This has been inspired in part by finding a YouTube channel called Dave's Archives that makes compilations of old TV commercials. Turns out the guy running the channel sometimes takes donations from viewers like myself, and I've already passed some along, with more on the way. Most of the content currently there is from the 80s and 90s, with some from the 70s, and some from the early 2000s potentially on the way, as I understand. The one episode I've contributed to so far is Episode #451. I've got more to contribute, but I want to make sure the tapes I'm sending will at least play before I go to the hassle of sending them off.


There are a few other things I've got going on right now, too, but this is where I'll leave off for now. I also need a little time to rest as well. See you soon, everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment