Thursday, September 8, 2022

TEXT PLAY: Final Fantasy IX (PlayStation, 2000, Square-Enix): Issue #073: Still Still At This

Believe it or not, I am indeed still at this. And it's only been three months since the last issue of this.


I don't know how many people who follow this blog are still following for the video game stuff since it's been ages since I've managed to get any of it up with any real regularity, but for those who still might, I should make an attempt to explain why. The nutshell version is that my physical health has really caught up with me this year, especially, but in the last two or three, really, which is why I've had so much trouble keeping up with it. I've had a lot of physical discomfort going on in my back and shoulders for a good six months, anyway, and probably longer, if only at a level I could more easily ignore. I get into some of the reasons in this post, that I put up yesterday, which has led to what I was talking about in this post from the end of August. The good news is that when I was playing for awhile before writing this, I didn't notice the discomfort in my back and shoulders as much. This gives me an idea as to how to go forward, and a few other things, but I'll get to that at the end of the post.


So, what did I do with the play session for this entry? Mostly level grinding, really. The good news is that everybody in my current party got a couple levels over where they were and some new ablities off equipment. The bad news is that Zidane's at least ten levels ahead of everybody else. I'm not sure if that has much to do with how the fight against Garland and his Silver Dragon has went the last couple times I tried it, but I'll have to work with that because I don't think there's any way to close that gap. The good news is that at least I think I've got everybody on their current best equipment and the proper abilities set up. That means it's time to come up with a plan for how I'm going to go about this.


I'm certainly going to give it a shot after work tonight, for those who look at these posts when they come up. I'll probably be working on it when most of my readers are seeing this. Either way, my plan is to sit down and do something with it within 24 hours of this going live. Another part of this plan involves a stand-alone NES clone I picked up some years ago and have been fiddling around with for awhile. I think I've figured out what I need to do to make it work. I may have to pick something else up from the store in order to do that, but there's an apropriate place on the way home from work.


If all goes to plan, there should be another one of these this time tomorrow, and maybe even something about a “special project” that's been far too long in the making. Until then, stay safe, have fun, keep gaming, and DFTBA.

No comments:

Post a Comment