Sunday, September 11, 2022

YoBo No-Go? Part Two

Gotta love tech issues.


I'm not exactly the sharpest mind when it comes to this sort of thing, I'll readily admit that. I do, however, think I have something kind of like an idea as to what the issue might be here.


First, though, a brief description of what the problem actually is. See, when I got this little knock-ff NES emulator, I also got a couple carts so I'd have a few games to play on it as well. This was quite some time ago, because I had other stuff I wanted and/or needed to get done and a lot of it kept taking priority. Eventually, I did get around to setting the thing up, or at least trying to. Turns out, the carts are kind of loose in the connection slot or mount or whatever it's called. I think some of the graphics pins in this thing are messed up, too, because the one cart I can get to work anywhere near normally doesn't show all the graphics I need to actually play. The audio is fine, and the controllers seem to work well enough.


With that in mind, about the only options that occur to me are to try to clean the cartriges and/or the console and looking into maybe trying to repair the thing somehow. I'm willing to look into cleaning various stuff to see if that helps, but the repair option seems a bit much, all things considered. There are other, perhaps more cost-effective options. My local second-hand media store says it has at least one OG NES at each of its locations, but they're asking $80 for them. Not such a bad price, really, and I suppose I could spare the money. They also have cleaning kits for $20.


Either way, I've got a couple days to think about how I want to proceed here. The place will be closed by the time I get off work today and I have things I need to do after work tomorrow. In the meantime, if anybody reading this has any other ideas, I'd apreciate hearing them.


Until next time, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment