Thursday, September 8, 2022

YoBo No-Go? Part One

At least there's a little good news here...


It's not much, but it's a start. If nothing else, I didn't have to make any additional purchaces thus far to make this thing work. All I really needed was a little celophane tape to hold the plug in the outlet I'm using a little better, and I managed to find some after setting the Text Play issue just before this to auto-post. The positive there is that it at least kinda worked. The unit I'm working with has power and there's kind of a signal getting to the TV I've got it hooked to.


The problematic parts of this, aside from the wonky outlet, stem from this being a knock-off, a clone, branded YoBo instead of Nintendo, which would come with issues no matter what. Making matters a little worse is that this thing is connected to the display unit by way of AV cables, which are a thing I don't have much experience with.


I should note that I'm just saying that as something of a half-assed excuse to cover for that it may just be a faulty unit, because my PS2, which I've been using for most of my recent Text Plays, is set up with AV cables, too. On top of that, I'm also running it through a VCR that hooks to the TV I've got it on by way of a length of co-ax cable, and I've had little to no problem with that outside of glitches that I'm pretty sure came from damage to the media the games were on.


Anyway, where I'm going with this is that I've kinda-sorta got this thing going again, but I still have a little fiddling to do to finally get it sorted before I make a final decision on it. If I can't Red Green my way to a fix, I might just have to box the thing up and put it in a Goodwill box while I work on sourcing an OG, on-brand NES. That'll mean tabling some of my projects for a while longer, but that really won't be much of a change, I think.


All this is going to come after I have dinner and do more FF9, of course. Those are going to be the priorities. Until then, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment