Thursday, February 23, 2023

A Note On The Upcoming MiSTing Repost

Have I mentioned the bad page layout and formatting in the Mystery Science Theater stuff I've been reposting lately?


I think I made mention of it in some of the non-Digimon stuff I've been putting up here and there, especially in Make Good Money At Home and Ten Science Thingamajiggers. As I was saying there, I suspect it's because I was still doing most of the actual writing in a word processor program called Works rather than Word, or Open Office, which I've been using for a good ten years now. The technology and encoding and whatnot on all of this has changed substantially in the twenty-plus years since I did the main work on the original stuff, and it really shows in most of that stuff.


I'm bringing it up here specifically because in the part that's coming up on Saturday is, to be perhaps a little too blunt, nothing short of fucked. I'm saying that because there's only so much I could have done to fix it, even when that sort of thing was relatively fresh in my mind from having taken college-level courses on the subject in the comparatively recent past.


That's noteworthy in this case because it's really bad in this case, and some of it was left for the sake of a joke in the actual thing. What you'll see is my attempt to clean it up somewhat. It's still a mess, unfortunately, but there's only so much I can do, between limited ability and limited time to use it.


Anyway, I just wanted to make a brief note of that ahead of things going up. I know it's a mess, but this is partly for preservation and partly because there's only so much I could do even if it wasn't.


You'll see what I mean come Saturday. I'd say see you then, but I'm hoping to have something up before then, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment