Thursday, June 1, 2023

A Little Confusion Here

I've noticed a few instances of getting massive spikes in hits here, and I'm not exactly sure why.


This is one of those things I've had happen a few times in the years I've been doing this whole blogging thing. I'll be doing what I do here, getting my usual couple dozen views per post, and then wham, there'll be one or two apparently random days in a month where my view count will spike by a factor of ten, at least, and I'm not sure why. I'm not complaning, of course. I'm just not sure why, either, which is not good, because I can't take advantage of it so I can continue the good run of it.


I remember one other time when I noticed something like this, though it was a good ten years ago now, if not longer. I didn't really know what the deal was then, either, or I probably would have taken advantage of it then.


It would be nice to know just what it is I'm doing to get these spikes so I can maybe make something of them. I couldn't tell the last couple times I've seen this happen, and this time's no different. Is it one or more of the Discord servers I'm sharing these things to now? If so, which ones?


As far as content is concerned, at least by my own eyes, it's still mostly the same stuff I've been doing for a long time, coming out at pretty much the same rate as usual. If I'm doing something differently in that regard, I can't see it, and I'm not sure why.


At any rate, that's something that's going on here, and I'd like to take advantage of it if I could. Thing is, I've always heard that knowledge is power, and in this case, I'm lacking knowledge, so if somebody could clue me in, it would be a help.


Thanks in advance. See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment