Sunday, June 18, 2023

TEXT PLAY: Final Fantasy IX (PlayStation, 2000, Square-Enix): Issue #080: Dragon Warrior Impression

This one's just coming up the morning after I wrote it as a way of getting myself back on a more regular schedule with it again.


There were a couple alternate titles I was thinking of using, but went with the one I did because it made the most sense for what actually happened this time: a lot of fighting dragons to get the skill points I needed for Steiner to learn the last two new skills I'm probably going to get for him. The first was a move called Stock Break from a sword called Ultima Sword, which one might think would be his best one in the game, but as previously noted, there's also the Excalibur, which I actually got last time, and one more called Excalibur II, which, also as previouly noted last issue, I might have been able to get had I managed make it to this point in the game in the 40-hour time frame I mentioned last time. The move that comes from Excalibur is called Climhazard, and takes a fair amount of skill points to learn permanently, but that makes sense since both these abilities seem to pretty much one-shot most of the mosters I've used them on thus far.


Of course, I'm not sure if that'll be the case when I finally get around to doing the real endgame stuff here. As is often the case, and for good reason, the monsters in that part of the game are tougher. There's still some stuff I could, and maybe should, still find for other party members, but from what I can tell from doing a little research as I was writing this, I've already got most of what there is to get, and I'm not sure if I want to put the time and effort into finding it. I'm not sure it's entirely necessary, and, I'd like to have this done by October, at which point this will have been going on for seven full years, which is at least five longer than I'd intended.


That's kind of a hint of where I'm intending to go from here. I think I mentioned before I started this last sidequest that I was going for the endgame soon anyway, and I may as well just get on with that. That will make two of these that I hadn't before I'd started doing these that I will have as a result.


After that, what am I gonna do? I don't know yet. I've got some ideas, as always, but I want to finish this specific thing before I really get into any of that. It might be awhile before I get to any of it here, though. I want to make sure I'm as good to go with what I've got in-game before I get going on that.


For now, though, it's time to get on with some IRL stuff, so until next time, stay safe, have fun, keep gaming, and DFTBA.

No comments:

Post a Comment