Wednesday, September 27, 2023

Picture Post: Lake Alvin Swimming Beach, September 26, 2023

This is sort of a revisit of a place I covered here quite some time ago now.


Part of the reason it's been as long as it has since I've done this is because I haven't had a vehicle I felt comfortable taking out of town for a good long time, which is something I remedied recently. Since I had time after work on the 26th, I took advantage and had another look at this local state park.


I wasn't there as long as I had wanted to be because it was getting later in the evening when I was there, and the weather wasn't as nice as it might look in some of the pictures on display here.


It was actually a fairly cloudy day out there when I went to have a look. Still, it's a nice view on the beach, as shown here:



Since Lake Alvin is a man-made lake, the swimming beach is long and somewhat narrow:




Probably the most interesting thing there the day I took these pictures was this nice big rock sitting out on the beach:



That's a lump of quartzite, I believe. It's a common one, in my area, anyway.


The water was actually pretty clear when I was there, but it was kind of hard to tell with all the cloud cover:



Since that was about the most I could do with the time I had, I just headed back to the car after that last shot. This next one is something I noticed when I happened to glance down on my way:



With that last little bit of fun, I'll just wrap this up for now. Hopefully, I'll be able to do more of this later.


See you soon, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment