Saturday, October 14, 2023

The Post-Vacation Post

For lack of a better title.


Normally, this time of year, I'd have a whole mess of posts to make about my yearly vacation and whatever pictures I'd taken while I was away. This year was a little different. Instead of going west to the Black Hills, my mom and I went to Maryland to visit my brother and his wife. It was nice to see their house in person and get to know their cat.


We also spent a little time with one of my aunts who lives in the area. It was interesting to talk to her for awhile. The seafood place we went for dinner was nice. I quite enjoyed the crab cake and cheese sandwich I had was great.


As for touristy stuff, the big thing we did was the National Aquarium in Baltimore. It was fun to see all the creatures they had around. They had a rainforest section and one that was Australian outback as well. The parts I remember the most were the jellyfish and the sharks.


My one big souvenir from this trip came from there. It's a nice felt hat made by a company called 10tree. I'll try to remember to show it off in my next Coffee Time video.


This was also the first time I'd flown anywhere since I graduated from high school the better part of 30 years ago. It was an interesting experience because quite a lot has changed since then. I'm sure no small part of that comes from that one thing that happened in September 2001. Naturally, getting through security was way different. Otherwise, the experience was pretty much the way I remembered it.


As for how these vacation/travel posts go from here, it's hard to say. We've been in a Things Are Different Now situation for a little more than a year now in that regard, and it's likely to take quite a while yet to get some of this sorted. Only time will tell how it all shakes out


I think I'm going to just wrap this up here and get other stuff ready to go. See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment