Thursday, December 21, 2023

Reflections 2023

We're not quite at the end of the year, but we're close.


There are about ten days left of 2023 as I write this. As such, there's a very real chance of this being my last post here until after New Year's. I'm hoping not, of course, but the way things have been going, it's most definitely a possibility.


With this in mind, I'm feeling a bit in the mood to reflect a bit. End of the year and all that, after all.


This has been the first full calendar year since my dad died. I'm still trying to process that particular aspect of things, and from what I understand, that may very well be a true thing for however long I'm still around myself. There are moments when I wonder what the guy would have thought about things, but hell, there are still moments when I wonder that about my Grandma Jean, too, and she's been gone for going on four years now. So that's still going to be influencing a lot of things going forward.


I replaced the vehicle I'd been driving for eight years this summer. It's something I'd been meaning to do for a couple years, really, but it finally happened this year because it was a thing I was running out of time for. I'm hoping I made a good choice on that front. It's a Buick model, an SUV sort of thig. This'll actually be the second one I owned. The previous one was a good vehicle, for its age, and I hope to have better luck with this one. What made me think of that was that, through pure coincidence, I bought it on what would have been my Grandma Jean's birthday.


I'm still struggling with most of the same health issues I've had for years. The biggest one is the weight thing, of course. If there are people who have an easy time with this sort of thing, good for them; I'd be a liar if I said I wasn't at least a bit jealous, since I'm not one of them.


I'm also coming off the worst cold I've had in years. I think I may have said something like that last year, too, but I think this one may have been worse yet. I'm really hoping it wasn't covid this time, on account of my weight issues and a few other things I've got going on. Things could really go badly for me if it was. Even though I'm mostly over it, I still have this sense that something more is still wrong, and I'm not sure what it could be.


That's part of why my content has been a little lacking the last month or so. I've been in no condition to do videos because I'd get severe coughing fits from trying to talk even a little bit, and I've had trouble tasting things as well. That's meant JM Tries videos were definitely out, and even Coffee Time was a bad idea. I'm hoping to get back to that soon, but it may still be awhile, just to be sure I'm recovered enough to do it up to my usual standard, low as that may be.


When I started this, I was going to say something about how I'd fallen off my schedule again, but since I didn't actually make one when I thought I did, it's kind of hard to do that. Now that I'm mostly better again, maybe I'll actually get on with making a schedule, or at least back on a more regular pattern again


But yeah, that's pretty much where I am right now. Hopefully, I'll have something more before the end of the year. See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment