Friday, January 7, 2011

A Belated New Years Message

I'm behind on everything right now, but being sick does that to a guy.


I'm over whatever it is I had now, I think, so it's going to be a fight to get caught back up again, at least for a little while.

The first order of business is to apologize to a few groups to whom I know I owe them badly. The first group is my Text Play readers, because I've got those across three sites: That Guy With The Glasses, County Line Gaming, and this blog. Much as I would like to have done something with that the last week or so, it would have been a bit difficult to be as accurate and funny while I was sick.

The other major apology is to the viewers of my uStream show. I made the mistake of trying to broadcast while I was sick, and I'm afraid I may have made a big fool of myself in the recording. That would have been bad enough if I hadn't also decided to talk about the finale of the fan series of Bucky O'Hare at The Bucky O'Hare Fanfaction and Information Site. I probably got a lot wrong there, and will try to clear that up in another post.

In other news, I suppose I should mention New Years resolutions. I haven't made one since I was about 17 years old. My resolutions that year were to do things as they need to get done and to never make another New Years resolution again. I've been pretty good at sticking to that second one over the last fifteen years or so. The first one, however, has taken constant work and improvement, but I've been getting better all the time, I think.

Aside from being sick, health news this year included my recent, and very tragic, loss of 25 pounds since September. I'm grieving in the sense that I'm actually quite proud of myself for pulling it off. Of course, it's taking some getting used to now that I fit into things better. I'm gonna do what I can to keep that up as time goes by.

As for the blog and the art, well, I know I've got a schedule I've not been sticking to very well lately, but as I said before, I've been more than a little ill lately, and that's been holding me back. I'll be working on getting that back to where it needs to be.

And as always, there's ZipperFish Live on Friday nights at 9 PM central on uStream. The show's broadcast out of Florida, so it's actually 10 PM Eastern. I've been known to call in from time to time, so it's worth it to watch if you want the chance to see me speaking without making quite the fool I do of myself on my own show.

But that about wraps things up here for now, so I'd best get back to work on all the things I've not been doing the last week or so.

Happy belated New Years, everyone! See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment