Tuesday, January 8, 2013

SONG PARODY: AT4W/FFRC theme song

Every now and then, I'll get an idea for a song parody, but this is one of the few times I've tried to get it written down someplace.

It's usually because I've always thought I could never quite get the job done right.  And there's always the potential for legal issues that I'd wind up losing if I were faced with them.  Therefore, as a general rule, I just let them pass.

In this case, though, I think I've got something different, because the song I'm working with fits well with one of my favorite uStream cams, at least it does to me.

Essentially, what I've done here is a lyrical parody to the theme song to one of my favorite web series, found both here on blogger and over at That Guy With The Glasses called Atop the Fourth Wall.

What follows is a set of lyrics to the Atop the Forth Wall theme song, based on the Friends of Felines Rescue Center's uStream channel.  This is done without the permission of the AT4W song's author and performer, a man named Vincent E. L., on YouTube.

So, without further adieu, here are my rather poorly adapted lyrics for the song:

=========================================================

[AT4W/FFRC Parody Song]
[Original by Vincent E. L.]
[New Lyrics by Jesse Shearer]
[Written without permission.]

Welcome to the FFRC
Where good kitties live
Jacci's gonna find you all
Your forever homes!

Derecho – he's got a wobble
Paddy – he runs the wheel
Any kitty who lives at the shelter--
It could be your turn

The Kitties!

They're all really cute – MEOW!
Got a lot of toys

The Kitties!

Octavia stole a treat...
How'd she manage that?

The Center!

Boxes!
Chatters!
Bella loves her poof!

The Center!

THESE!
FELINES!
RULE!

The Center!

=========================================================

Now, as I've said, this is entirely unauthorized by Vincent E. L., Lewis Lovhaug (AKA Linkara) of Atop the Fourth Wall, or the FFRC.  No copyright infringement is intended, and it's entirely the work of someone who is a fan of it all.

I hope you all enjoy this as much as I did writing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment