Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Well, New Years, Folks...

I hope 2013 is a little better than 2012 was.

Not that 2012 was particularly bad for me.  I'm just saying it could have been better.  And a lot of that has come from the last couple months.  Too many bad choices and stupid decisions, really.

The worst part of it, for me, is that I feel like the things that have always been the most important to me have all turned into something like this:



Nice and pretty at first, great to have around, but by morning, it will have pretty much all melted away and gone down the drain.

I've tried to keep fighting this past year, to keep going with what I had, but that a lot of it has just melted away like so much ice in a warm kitchen sink.  I'm not sure what I've truly got left any more or what I'm going to do with it going forward.  I like to think I've got plans going forward, but I've been having trouble making them happen lately.

So I guess I know what I have to do this coming year.  The trick is making it happen.  And I need to figure that part out.

Anyway, have a good year, folks.  Happy 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment