Tuesday, June 18, 2013

A Long Week

And I think I did some of it to myself.

It seems like there's been way too much going on in my life the last week or so, and I could really use a rest. A lot of it's been people not showing up for work, which has meant that I've had to take parts of those shifts as well. That's not exactly a bad thing, as I can think of a few things I could use the money for.

I've also been keeping myself a little too busy outside of the day job, too. Always things to do there, as well, it seems.

Thing of it is, though, I'm starting to feel burned out. And not just a little bit, either. I could use a little time to just rest. Hopefully, the fishing trip I've got planned with my dad will help me relax a bit, because I've had a lot on my mind lately, with all that's been going on.

I think that's been my biggest issue lately, that I just can't relax. It seems like there's always one more thing for me to deal with, and it comes right after I get something else resolved. I'm not sure why it's been this way, or why now. I'm hesitant to say that it's finally that I'm starting to “get” how old I am now, but then again, I just saw my little brother get a “grown up job” in Virginia and I realize where I am relative to that.

What I could really use right about now is a few days to get my head on straight again and figure out just what I'm doing. It would really help me get my mind calmed a bit.

Of course, things have been going the way they usually do for me, which means that I think I may need to have my car looked at by a mechanic in the near future. That might not happen today, because I've already got plans. Tomorrow, though, I might be able to do something. Depending on how things go later today, I might actually be able to make an appointment someplace for the car stuff.

So, that's kind of where I am now and why the posting schedule I've been talking so much about lately hasn't yet materialized. With any luck, I'll be able to get all this straightened out soon for myself if nothing else.

I'll give updates when they seem relevant.

No comments:

Post a Comment