Monday, June 10, 2013

Doing Things...

Remember when I used to do more with this blog than just write about what I was doing in whatever random video game I thought it might be fun to play?

I kind of need to get back to doing that again. I have, of course, had quite a lot of ideas to work with. And I've even started working on some of them. I just need to get more of them to a point where I can post them.

The first thing I need to do is actually get around to making a schedule for posting stuff again. Having one of those does tend to help. I've got a tentative one hand written that I need to get typed up and posted. I should do that before too long.

There's also this “social media analytics” thing I use that helps measure the interaction I get on Facebook and Twitter called Klout that gives me some idea of the interactions I get from those social media sites. I'm not really sure how it works or if I'm using it right, but that's because I don't check it as often as I should. I do know that I can get partially free... stuff, for lack of a better term, if the numbers crunch in a certain way. The few things I can get right now, I've gotta pay for shipping on, and I'm not enthused enough about what they're offering to do that. I figure if I can get my numbers changed enough in the right ways, that might change, but I'm not sure. Here's a Wikipedia entry on the service that might explain it a little better than I did.

Anyway, I bring that up because I'm thinking that maybe the idea of getting free or partially free stuff might motivate me to do all this more again. Not sure if it will or not, but it's still worth a try, right?

I suppose I should get back to work on more and better material now, though. See you soon, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment