Wednesday, July 17, 2013

My College Jobs: Introduction

Here's something I've been considering doing for awhile now.  Might as well, just so I'm posting more than just video game stuff.

I was listening to the radio when I got up this morning, and the station I've got my clock-radio set to played something from the late 1990s by a band called Matchbox 20.  I was in college at the time, working on a bachelors degree that wound up not working out exactly the way I'd hoped.  Granted, it hasn't been entirely useless, because I'm at least doing this now, even if it is pretty much for free.

But anyway, hearing that particular song again, which I am honestly not sure if I ever remembered the title of, got me to thinking about the handful of jobs I had at the time, in this case, specifically the one I liked the best.  I'll get more into detail later, but I figure having the idea out here will help me at least get started on something that will almost certainly wind up as a "How did I get here, anyway?" sort of thing.  After all, my birthday's two and a half weeks away.  I tend to get like that this time of year.

With all that in mind, I'll probably be starting with my favorite summer job of all time: working at Mt. Rushmore for two summers in the late 90s!

No comments:

Post a Comment