Saturday, July 6, 2013

TEXT PLAY: Lufia and the Fortress of Doom (Taito, SNES 1993): Issue #17: Odel Lake

Aw, crap, another fetch quest...

Or at least that's what I'm assuming starts here, anyway. That's what all the information in town makes it sound like, anyway. And it's not going to be a simple fetch quest, either.

We've been seeing this Raile Shaia guy being built up to, at least off and on, since Lorbinea. Everybody in Odel that seems to know about him says he can help me, but he's in a place called Arus because he wants to learn magic for... SCIENCE!, I guess. To get to Arus from Odel, I have to figure out a big system of caves. As if that weren't hard enough, there's a group of old men hanging out in a coffee den or something near the castle who tell us that there's one critical bridge out that needs to be fixed if we want to make it through the cave.

Fortunately, though, there's an architect visiting the castle who can help us. When we go talk to him, he says he'll help, but we've gotta go to Lyden to find one of his helpers, who will bring his favorite tools and help him fix the bridge.

For once, my bumbling around in these things has paid off, because Jerin has a warp spell that can take us to any town we've already been to, save Elfrea, for which there seems to be a special spell. I guess the fact that I stumbled into Lyden last time works out to my advantage because I can save myself at least a little trouble here. Or at least I could, if it wasn't actually a relatively easy hike for a change, and since I needed the gold, if nothing else, I walked it.

Once we get the assistant to go back to Odel, the architect, named Prion, tells us that he and his buddy are going to get their tools together and want us to go see how bad the bridge actually is while they do it. But since I keep choosing bad times to do these things, I'll get to that in the next issue: Bridge Duty. See you then, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment