Sunday, July 13, 2014

For Want of a C-Note

I think I've got a plan, sort of.

In a recent episode of my uStream show, I talked about getting myself back on a schedule of some sort. Before I get on with doing that, though, there's something I need to do: get my computer worked on.

Unfortunately, that's going to cost me some money. How much, do I think? Well, I'm going to go with $100. Not because I think it'll actually cost me that much, but because I'm trying to account for things being worse than I think.

Part of the problem I've got right now is that I'm not sure how I'm going to swing that. I've got my day job, sure, but resources were limited even before this whole healthcare thing came around and a lot of people like me wound up getting our hours on the job cut to less than thirty a week.

There are things I can do, and should be doing, after all. But until I get a grip on those, I'm going to need a little extra cash until I can make them happen.

One of the few things I can think of that might work quick are the handful of prints I've got for sale on DeviantART. Granted, I'm a crappy artist and photographer, but it's worth a shot. Here are a few examples:




I've also got my Patreon account to work with. I think I'm going to start running my Looking Back series, that I do on That Guy With The Glasses, through there before posting them to TGWTG. Eventually, I think I'll start putting my Text Plays there before my regular blog, too, but I'll wait until I start the next game I do, because I'm going to be foolhardy enough to work with what may be a mixed up sense of fair play about this.

I'm also going to try updating my video intro there, as well. There's a segment of Radio Dead Air's Monday night live show where they signal boost or promote these things, and I've been seriously considering seeing if I could get mine in there as well, but I'll need a new video before I do that, simply because the old one's crap, even by my standards.

So, that's kind of where I am right now, folks. Getting closer and closer to getting things sorted here. Odds are still good that I'm going to need to get a second day job, but at least I've got a few other ideas almost worked out in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment