Thursday, March 19, 2020

MiSTing: Over Night Medication

This is going to be another one of those posts with a long above-the-jump intro, because it's the best way I can think of to do this.

This is one of the old Mystery Science Theater things I found on that old laptop I had with me on vacation back in October. I'm still planning on posting the rest of the finished stuff I found, and revisiting some of the base material, like I mentioned in my first post of the year.

The relevant bits of history here are that this piece, Over Night Medication, was originally intended to be used as a short before one of the longer pieces I was doing at the time, or as part of a compilation like the one my character mentions at the start of this one.  I'm pretty sure I wound up doing this one on its own like this is because there was this thing called the Dibs List, run by the same guy who ran a MST3K fan archive called Web Site Number Nine, and I'd had this one on the list for long enough that I needed to take it off regardless of if I'd done something with it.  Therefore, we wound up with something that's not my best work ever.

Perhaps more interesting is that this was meant to be in continuity with the Digimon fan series I was doing with another author at the time.  That continuity doesn't mean much anymore because quite a lot of the related material has been lost over the last fifteen years or so, and even if I had some idea of what I was doing with it back then, I've since forgotten what that might have been.

I'll be posting this before I get to the main part of the series I still have because it's short, and I can't exactly remember where it was supposed to fit in the continuity I was going for.  So, anyway, here's the main work:

=================================================================

TITLE: Over Night Medication
ORIGINAL AUTHOR: Unknown
MiSTing AUTHOR: Jesse Shearer
ERA: None/Nonstandard
CATEGORY: Ad Spam

[Insert Bandwidth Waster theme here]

[JESSE works on some email on his laptop on the snack counter. The RENAMON from “Outrageous Claims” enters.]

RENAMON: Hey, how come there’s nothing on your sign out there?
JESSE:[looking up] I have nothing to show right now.
RENAMON: Absolutely nothing?
JESSE: Well, there *is* a “buried title” email spam in the projector, but it’s so short, I’d rather not run it on its own.
RENAMON: I insist.
JESSE: In that case, I suppose I can spare three minutes.

[Both enter theater; seating is similar to that in “Claims.”]

>Subject: idle noose

JESSE: Must be a slow day for hangings.
RENAMON: Oh, starting off with a little gallows humor, I see.

>Over Night Medication

RENAMON: What over night medication?
JESSE: Good question.

>tanekaha supplicate

JESSE: Isn’t that a Dragonball attack style?
RENAMON: No, you’re thinking of kamehameha.

>Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2004 13:39:18 +0500
>
>ageless andorran

JESSE: Shran? What’s he doing here?
RENAMON: Trekkie.

>satyric serotonin tinted admass

RENAMON: That’s just wrong, even for random words.
JESSE: I would tend to agree.

>tenthly resultant epizoic debar carbolated soleil tantalize harken ,
>
>FDA approved druugs

JESSE: Well, at least it makes more sense than just the random words.
RENAMON: True, but what are “druugs”?

>No prior prescriiption required on hundreds of drugs saave up to 70%
>
>New products: valium,

RENAMON: For them, maybe.

>x-a-n-a-x,

JESSE: Proof that spam filters are like children. Spell a word out and they can’t figure out what it is.

>diazepam (gen va1ium), levitra, alprazolam
>(gen xanax), soma (carisoprodol), fioricet (gen)
>
>Categores meds that we have (which saave you up to 70% OFF):
>muscle relaxants, sleeping aids, pain relief, woman health, mens >health, sexual health, quit smoking,

RENAMON: Or better yet, don’t start.

>allergies, skin care, anti depressants & much more categorized meds

JESSE: Think they have anything for bad spelling and grammar?

>
>Cheaap 0ffeer:
>30 Va1ium [anti depressants] 5mg - $ Best Priice
>30 Xa-n-ax [anti depressants] 1mg - $ Best Priice

JESSE: And that would be what, exactly?
RENAMON: Time in jail, most likely.

>3 Cia1is [mens health] 20mg - $127

JESSE: Let’s not go there.
RENAMON: Not a problem.

>30 Phentermine [weight--loss]> 15mg - $99

JESSE: That stuff’s still FDA approved? I thought it was dangerous.

>60 Soma [muscle relaxants] 350mg - $99
>30 Fioricet [pain relief] 40mg - $109
>30 Cyclobenzaprine [pain relief] 10mg - $109
>5 Via agra

RENAMON: By way of farms? Isn’t that worse than the Phentermine?
JESSE: From what they’ve been saying on the news lately, it is.

>[sexuual health] 100mg - $139

RENAMON: Just because the ad goes there...
JESSE: What makes you think I’ve got something to say about it?

>
>
>
> Special offeer for limiteed time only

JESSE: Which is over now.

>
> Saave up to 70% now

RENAMON: No thanks.

>
> Clickk heree to saave 70%+
>

JESSE: Nonexistant link.

>
>
>consumed mary pennant masterly

RENAMON: Leaving the random words behind.
JESSE: Let’s just go.

[Both exit theater]

[Lobby, by snack counter]

JESSE: So…
RENAMON: Yeah.
JESSE: Anyway, thanks for dropping by. My doors are usually open. Feel free to come back later. I’ve got an actual feature on the way. For real, this time.
RENAMON: Thanks. I’ll remember that.

[[Credits. Music: “Harvey the Wonder Hamster” by Weird Al]]


Stringer:
> Special offeer for limiteed time only

No comments:

Post a Comment