Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Too Tired To Write


Even though that's essentially what I'm doing here.

Thing is, this isn't going to be much, other than just getting something put up. I've still got all my other projects and whatnot going on. I just can't work up the gumption to actually do anything with them. I'd like to, as always. I'm just feeling too tired, psychologically, to sit down and do it.

It's been a long month for me, though, and not just because of this whole pandemic thing. Sure, that's a big part of it, too. I'm trying to stay positive on that front, and be grateful for the fact that I'm still getting pretty much full time hours at my day job in spite of not being entirely sure that it's as essential a job as people tell me it is. At least my income's stable as of this writing, anyway.

On a more personal level, my grandmother, who was in hospice when I mentioned it last, died at the end of February. The whole family's still adjusting and getting used to the idea in our own ways. It's been just a little over five weeks, so I'm sure everyone involved, myself included, will still need at least a little more time to process the situation and get used to the new normal, on top of the estate stuff that goes with something like this.

One thing I'm sure of is that she would have wanted us to go on with our lives as best we can now that she's gone. It's kind of why I'd like to get back to doing the Text Plays more regularly again. I know grandma was into the sort of fantasy stuff that happens in the earlier Final Fantasy games, especially. Not sure what she would have thought of them specifically because I never took the time to tell her about them.

But anyway, this is kind of where I am now. I'm really hoping I can get myself into a better mindset for making these things happen again. It's as much because it's what my grandmother would have wanted as it is for my own mental health.

See you soon, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment