Saturday, March 21, 2020

TEXT PLAY SIDE GAME: Final Fantasy II (Famicom 1988/PS 2003 [Origins]): Issue #016: Deist Cave, Part One


This is going to take at least two sessions, folks.

This is kind of a tricky dungeon to find one's way around in. I've been through it at least once that I can remember, because I still have that file on the same memory card I've got the one for this game on. It's kind of a good thing and a bad thing. It's good because I need to get the party's stats up, which is easy enough here. I've managed to get everything up to a decent level for where I am, I think. It's kind of a bad thing, too, though, because I must have had the party wiped out a good ten times anyway in the hour or so I was playing this time around.

Alongside the stat boosts to pretty much everything I got here, there's a monster that also drops Wing Blades, and I put two on Firion. There was also a treasure chest I found with what the game called Knight's Armor. That went on Firion, too, and I gave his armor to somebody else. I think it was Maria, but I didn't pay that close attention when I did it.

Through it all, I've got everybody to the point now where I can take on Hill Gigases and win now, so long as I only do one at a time. If we get them two at a time, I'm still going to get my ass kicked. There are still plenty of other monster parties that can do that along the way, too. That's probably going to happen a lot next time, too, because from what I figure, I'm only about halfway through this, and my plan is to not go for the second half of this until I've got more time to give myself than I usually do when I sit down to do this. I'll more than likely want to have a shot at the boss when I finally get to it, too, because it's a trick to find the path to it, and I don't want to make this any more stressful than it needs to be. I'm still doing all this for fun, after all.

So anyway, hopefully, I'll be able to get back to this again soon. I'm sure I'm not the only one who could use a little fun right about now. Until next time, stay safe, have fun, keep gaming, and DFTBA.

No comments:

Post a Comment