Friday, May 8, 2020

TEXT PLAY SIDE GAME: Final Fantasy II (Famicom 1988/PS 2003 [Origins]): Issue #019: The Princess Snek


Hadn't intended to advance the plot, but I didn't want to just grind, either.

I was actually considering doing a little Final Fantasy 4 instead, but decided I'd rather do this. I think it's because a Let's Player I follow on YouTuber called HCBailly is doing a second LP of the game himself right now.

At any rate, when I left off last time, I was saying that we would need to go talk to Princess Hilda. I was at least right about that bit, but I was wrong about why. I'd thought it was to tell her about the wind drake and the dragoons, but it was because she was acting all weird and the people at the base wanted us to look in on her to see if we could figure out what her deal was. Turns out when we brought Hilda back from the Dreadnaught, it was actually a Lamia in disguise, and we didn't know it until it tried to seduce and kill Firion. Fortunately, Maria, Gus and Leila were waiting just outside the private room Firion and the monster were in so they could bust in and help kick the monster's ass.

As the party discusses what happened, one of the royal guards comes in and tells them that the real princess is being held in the battle arena at Palamecia, to be given away as a bride to the winner of a big battle tournament. Naturally, it's up to us to go get her out before that happens.

Unfortunately I was dumb enough to go there right away instead of waiting until I wasn't as worn out as I was when I was doing this, so I'll have to go back to one of the safer places I've already been to next time and stock up on stuff so I don't get myself killed so easily going through this. But that'll have to wait until next time, because it's kind of late as I write this and I've got a few busy days ahead of me. Until next time, stay safe, have fun, keep gaming, and DFTBA.

No comments:

Post a Comment